In 1993 Surtees Boats was founded by a keen fisherman with a desire to safely cross the Whakatane Bar. Neil Surtees hand built his first boat and it has snowballed from there. At its origin, Surtees Boats had four staff, today it has 60…. and growing quickly as the company expands to keep up with demand. Now a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a National Salesperson to join this growing team based near Whakatane.
Surtees craft the ultimate fishing boats for people born to fish and, as a result, have a strong cult following across Australasia. We are looking for a passionate angler who identifies strongly with our brand, is outgoing, has a love for boats and can connect with others who are born to fish!
Being experienced in sales, you will understand the sales process, be able to tailor your approach to a wide range of people, deliver upon expectations and maintain our renowned level of customer service. In this dream job you'll have the opportunity to work directly with customers and dealers and attend boat shows and fishing tournaments.
The ideal candidate will have a positive, helpful, can-do attitude and will be able to demonstrate our team values:
- Family: helping each other out
- Committed: doing what we say we will do
- Leaders: making great boats even better
Key Responsibilities- Sales:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Taking customer enquiries
- Processing orders and documenting sales
- On water demonstrations
- Attending Boat Shows and Fishing Competitions
Skills and Experience:
- Sales experience, marine industry preferable
- High level of Customer Service
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- High standard of personal presentation
- Reliable and punctual
- Genuine interest in boating
- Ability to work in a team or autonomously
- Ability to work some weekends as required
What you need to bring to the role:
- Fluent English
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Have an eye for detail
- Be hardworking and efficient
- Be well organised and self-motivated
- Hub Spot knowledge and advantage
- New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident
- Current full drivers license and passport.
You must be able to work flexible hours. Some tasks will be offsite or include overnight or multi-day travel.
Our package includes a competitive salary depending on previous experience along with an attractive commission.
Check out who we are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a8cIOz80Y0
If you want to be part of a passionate and hardworking team with high quality standards please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com