In 1993 Surtees Boats was founded by a keen fisherman with a desire to safely cross the Whakatane Bar. Neil Surtees hand built his first boat and it has snowballed from there. At its origin, Surtees Boats had four staff, today it has 60…. and growing quickly as the company expands to keep up with demand. Now a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a CAD Designer to join this growing team based near Whakatane.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Designer to join our committed team.
Through end user research and insight generation you will have the creativity and judgment to translate insights into concepts. You'll possess an exceptional eye for detail and must embrace an iterative approach to design. You'll enjoy managing projects and bring a creative flair to the team.
- Drawing and visual content production
- Stakeholder engagement assisting in gathering ideas, distilling feedback and generating insights
- Maintaining drawing libraries
- Maintaining and reviewing projects ensuring all information is correct and any variations are identified and dealt with appropriately
- Liaising with departments / project groups in the production of drawings
- Manage innovation projects from conception through to delivery
Skills and Experience & Requirements:
- At least 5 years experience with interface design and usability testing
- A tertiary qualification in design
- Advanced visual design skills and an appreciation for aesthetic design
- Proficient with CAD software (Rhino an advantage)
- Positive, problem solving 'can do' attitude
- Experience in managing multiple overlapping projects
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Time management skills, able to focus on urgent and important tasks and work unsupervised
- Exhibit good interpersonal skills and enjoy dealing with internal services and external customers
- Marine experience would be a distinct advantage
- New Zealand Citizen (or permanent residency)
This is a unique opportunity to work with a leading boat manufacturer, don't miss your chance to join a great team. Please submit CV and covering letter to apply.
We are looking forward to your application, which you may please send to email@example.com We will be getting in touch with you as soon as we can.