This is an outstanding opportunity to become part of a great team in the Marine Industry. You'll be working in an industry you have a passion for at one of New Zealand's leading boat brands. We all love boats, which we build with pride for those who are born to fish.
The position of Aluminium Welder/Fabricator requires you to perform a wide range of tasks, primarily welding and crafting boats and parts to job sheet specifications, producing quality boats in a timely manner for the efficient operation of our organisation.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Consistently produce high quality welds
- Accurately manufacture parts to specification
- Produce boats/parts within the allocated time frames
- Sanding and Grinding
- Time management
- Professionalism and cleanliness
- Assisting other staff members if required
- Under take training as required
- All documentation completed accurately
- Continuously inspect boats for any defects
- Adhere to 5S Standards at all times
- Ensure yourself and others are working safely at all times
- Comply with company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Use personal protective equipment
- Report all accidents and incidents
- Experience with Aluminium Welding
- Appropriate Qualifications
- Safe operation of tools and welding equipment according to SOP’s
- Strong communication skills
- High level of standards
- Ability to work effectively within a team and with a range of people in various settings
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to requests
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- A clean, full driver’s license is essential for any staff using a work vehicle
- The job description and key responsibilities are by no means exhaustive and may change as required to meet the varying needs of the business. Other duties may be required from time to time.
We are looking forward to your application, which you may please send to firstname.lastname@example.org We will be getting in touch with you as soon as we can.